derien: It's a cup of tea and a white mouse.  The mouse is offering to buy Arthur's brain and replace it with a simple computer. (Default)
Curried Goat in a paper cup ([personal profile] derien) wrote2008-10-05 08:28 am

(no subject)

Hey, all - am alive. :) For the past two days I've been sort of poking around, sleeping or reading, with [livejournal.com profile] eor being very sweet and doing everything for me, occasionally looking down and going, "Wow, look - half as much breast! I am small-breasted girl, now!" I have to think this will help the shoulder injury. This morning I'm feeling a little nauseous - I think this means it's time to step down my meds. When Eor changed my bandages I looked and, recalling that there's swelling at first, began to wonder if maybe there is such a thing as too small. But I told the surgeon that he wasn't to worry about that, so I guess I'm going to have to be happy with what I've got - and I'm sure I will be, once the pain is over with. :) I know I won't regret it.

Thank you all for your well-wishes, they have meant a lot to me and helped me keep my spirits up with the discomfort.

It's taken frequent rest breaks to type this much, and I think I'd better stop.

[identity profile] cygny.livejournal.com 2008-10-05 01:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Take care of yourself! Or even better, let [livejournal.com profile] eor continue to take care of you. And don't go back to work too soon!

*hugs*
ext_14419: the mouse that wants Arthur's brain (Default)

[identity profile] derien.livejournal.com 2008-10-05 02:22 pm (UTC)(link)
don't go back to work too soon!

hopefully 30 days will be long enough. (and I'll go back on limited duties.) If it's not long enough I can apply for more leave.

Eor has to go back to work tomorrow, though, and I'll miss him tremendously.

[identity profile] cygny.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 07:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Take advantage of the time while he's gone to get plenty of rest, don't try to overdo yourself too quickly and enjoy this (forced) free time as much as possible.

[identity profile] lacrimaeveneris.livejournal.com 2008-10-05 02:34 pm (UTC)(link)
Aw, yay for Eor.

Feel better (or at least less nauseous and pained)! Soon you'll be pain free and small-busted.
ext_14419: the mouse that wants Arthur's brain (Default)

[identity profile] derien.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 10:26 pm (UTC)(link)
He's so very sweet. :) Pain free is my big goal in life at the moment - what a goal to have.

[identity profile] mizzmarvel.livejournal.com 2008-10-05 04:41 pm (UTC)(link)
I'm glad you're feeling better and that [livejournal.com profile] eor is awesome.
ext_14419: the mouse that wants Arthur's brain (Default)

[identity profile] derien.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 10:27 pm (UTC)(link)
I am really glad that Eor is awesome, too. :)

[identity profile] tronella.livejournal.com 2008-10-05 09:27 pm (UTC)(link)
Hello! :) Hope you recover quickly :)
ext_14419: the mouse that wants Arthur's brain (Default)

[identity profile] derien.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 10:27 pm (UTC)(link)
I'm working hard at it! Or, working hard at not working. ;)
ext_6382: Blue-toned picture of cow with inquisitive expression (Default)

[identity profile] bravecows.livejournal.com 2008-10-05 09:34 pm (UTC)(link)
Rest lots! Have lots of <3! Glad [livejournal.com profile] eor is looking after you, and hope the pain goes 'way soon.
ext_14419: the mouse that wants Arthur's brain (Default)

[identity profile] derien.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 10:29 pm (UTC)(link)
:) Getting pain free is about all I can think about at the moment... hopefully my life will expand again, soon. (I watched movies today, to distract myself.)

[identity profile] lucylou.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 05:40 am (UTC)(link)


ps: Enjoy the drugs as much as you can! The slightest whif of a painkiller and I'm barfing up a storm, so I sympathize. Food really REALLY helps for me.

Must see: tank-top pictures when you're fully recovered!
ext_14419: the mouse that wants Arthur's brain (Default)

[identity profile] derien.livejournal.com 2008-10-06 09:37 pm (UTC)(link)
Eee, what a great picture, thank you!! :D:D It's so accurate (except that I'm a lot skinner than I should be, heheh. ;))

And you're so totally right abuot the food! That was my mistake, yesterday - at 3am when I took my pill I didn't think it would matter if I ate because I was going to be sleeping. Then, after I posted, I got really quite sick. Mental note: when the medication instructions say "Lie down for an hour or two if you feel nauseus" do NOT interpret this to mean "Take a walk around the block." It doesn't work.